Installing the Polarbackup desktop software on Windows platforms fails.
This occurs because something is preventing the setup file from downloading and installing the components needed for the backup service.
- If your Operating System is older than Windows 10, install this update for Universal C Runtime.
- Download all of the following Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, and install them one by one:
If your system is 32-bit, install only the 32-bit (x86) versions below.
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2010
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from this page, and proceed with installing it. If this version or a higher one is installed, you will get a notification about it.
- Try to install Polarbackup again now.