Check Your Windows Firewall Or Antivirus Software
Polarbackup is backup software, meaning that it needs to check your files for changes and modifications and communicate with the server to check the current backup state. While this is normal behavior for backup software, some Antivirus software might think it is suspicious and constantly scan Polarbackup’s application files and folders; thus, making it harder to scan the files and sometimes impossible to communicate to the server. Please try to exclude the following files/folders from your Antivirus:
- C:\Program Files\Polarbackup\Polarbackup
- C:\Program Files\Polarbackup\Polarbackup\Polarbackup.exe
- C:\Program Files\Polarbackup\Polarbackup\PolarbackupService.exe
Also, make sure that you have the TCP ports 80 and 443 open and available through your Firewall.
Check The .NET And The MS Visual C++ Redistributables
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 from this page, and proceed with installing it. If this version or a higher one is installed, you will get a notification about it.
If you already have the correct version of .NET installed, or the installer above did not solve the problem, please repair your .NET installation using this utility. Once the utility is downloaded, run the tool and follow the steps on your screen to repair your .NET Framework installation.
- For non-Windows 10 users, install this update for Universal C Runtime.
- Download the following Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2017 and install them both:
If your system is 32-bit, install only the 32-bit (x86) versions below.
Check Windows Settings
- Using a Windows user account that has administrative credentials, log on to the computer.
- Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run box → Type gpedit.msc and then press ENTER.
- In the Local Group Policy Editor, under the Computer Configuration node, double-click Windows Settings, and then double-click Security Settings.
- Under the Security Settings node, double-click Local Policies, and then click Security Options.
- In the details pane, double-click System cryptography: Use FIPS-compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing.
- In the System cryptography: Use FIPS-compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing dialog box, click Disabled, and then click OK to close the dialog box.
- Close the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Exit Polarbackup. (Right-click Polarbackup agent (icon) in the system tray (Taskbar) → Exit)
- Start Polarbackup again. (Start → All Programs → Polarbackup)