This method of uploading files will speed up your backup by uploading more than one batch at a time. On the other hand, this means that more bandwidth will be used since we are uploading more files at a time.
You can enable/disable the Multithreaded upload option as the following:
Method 1: Using the Polarbackup Desktop Software
- Open the Polarbackup desktop software.
- Click on Settings.
- From the left panel, select the Resource Optimization option.
- Check or uncheck the box beside Use multithreaded upload (faster backup).
- Click the Save icon.
Method 2: From the Polarbackup Website
This method applies when you are using a policy to control the backup.
- Sign in to your Polarbackup online account.
- Refer to the Policies tab.
- Create a new policy or click on the Edit button next to the policy name you wish to edit.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Check or uncheck the box beside Use multithreaded upload (consumes entire bandwidth).
- Click on the Save button to save the changes.
- Assign this policy to the wanted users.
Method 2 above is only available in the Business edition of Polarbackup.
Enabling the Bandwidth Throttling option will disable this Multithreaded Upload one directly.