1. Sign in to your Polarbackup online account.
2. Refer to the Users/Servers tab, and click the Add Server button.
3. Select which admin you would like to use the new server, and set the storage limit for the server being added (Optional.) Specify the policy you want to apply to this server (Optional,) and click the Add Server button.
4. From the Add Server Completed box, take a copy of the Activation Token. Click the Proceed with Download Setup button.
5. Once the Polarbackup setup is downloaded on your server, run it and proceed with the Polarbackup installation.
6. Important! At the final stage of the installation process, a Polarbackup Server Authentication dialog will be opened. Enter your Windows username and password. This account must have Administrator privileges on the server. If this user is joined to a domain, enter the domain name and then the User Name: DomainName\UserName
7. Once Polarbackup software is installed, it will ask you to log in. You’ll need to enter the login information of the user you’ve added this server for. Then add the Activation Token for this server, as it appeared in the Add Server Completed box.
8. If you did not assign a policy to this server, you will need to select the data that you want to back up. You will have three tabs to select from:
- Smart Selection: Contains various built-in plugins that you can use to back up some of the most important items on your computer.
- My Computer: Allows you to back up files, and folders from any location readily accessible from My Computer using an easy-to-use Windows Explorer-like interface.
- Cold Storage: Extremely low-cost storage that provides an optimal, secure, and reliable storage solution for data that is rarely accessed. The difference between Hot storage and Cold storage is, cold storage takes 3-5 hours to be restored.
9. Specify your backup settings:
- Run on Schedule: Set how often you would like Polarbackup to back up your files.
- Security Options: You can change it to either “Use Polarbackup internal encryption password,” or to “Use your own password.”
10. The backup will run based on the backup configuration at the time of setup or via the assigned policy.