Method 1: Using PolarBackup Software
- On the new machine, sign in to your Polarbackup online account.
- From the Dashboard page, click the Download Polarbackup button in order to download the setup file of Polarbackup on your machine. You can use the following direct download links to download the setup file of Plarbackup:
- Run the downloaded setup file and proceed with installing Polarbackup on the machine.
- Once Polarbackup desktop software is installed, click the Restore button at the bottom-left corner of the Sign In window.
- Enter the login credentials of the Polarbackup account you want to restore from it and click Sign In.
- Using the Computer Name drop-down menu, select the name of the computer that you want to restore from its backup.
- Select the data that you want to restore and click on the Next button.
- Select the restore location and the time frame (Optional) that you want to restore from. Then click the Next button.
Polarbackup will start calculating the files that will be restored, and you will notice that a red cloud icon appears in the system tray.
Important! Always make sure before the restore time that you have set the power options on your computer correctly to avoid going into sleep mode during the restoration process and never log off your user’s account, restart the machine or turn it off during the restoration process as this will stop it.
It normally takes 3-12 hours for the download to start from Cold Storage.
Method 2: From Polarbackup Website
- Sign in to your Polarbackup online account.
- Refer to the My Computers tab.
All your backed up data can be accessed from there. You can view and download files if needed. However, to download a large amounts of data, it is highly recommended that you use Method 1 above.