Method 1: Using Polarbackup Desktop Software
- Open the Polarbackup desktop software and click on the Restore option.
- Using the Computer Name drop-down menu, select the name of the computer that you want to restore from its backup.
- Click on the Cold Storage folder to go inside it and start browsing its content. Select the data that you want to restore from the left-side panel and add it to the right-side one using the Add icon. Once done, click the Next button.
- Select the restore location and the time frame that you want to restore from. Then click the Next button.
Polarbackup will start calculating the files that will be restored, and you will notice that a red cloud icon appears in the system tray.
Typically, it can take anywhere from 3 to 12 hours for the download process to commence. Throughout this entire duration, it is important that you keep your machine running without turning it off, logging out of your user profile, or putting it to sleep. The downloading of files will commence once they are ready and accessible. You may minimize or close the Polarbackup Restore window as it will not impede the restoration process.
Method 2: From Polarbackup Website
- Sign in to your Polarbackup online account.
- Refer to the My Computers tab.
- From the list of your Computers on the left side of the page, select the name of the computer that you want to restore from its backup.
- Click on the Cold Storage folder to go inside it and start browsing its content. Select the data that you want to restore and click the Download icon.
- In approximately 3-12 hours, you will receive an email with a link to access the requested files. Open that link, select the files you wish to restore, and click the Download button.