By default, Polarbackup backs up your selected data to the Cloud.
For those who prefer to double their backup protection by creating a local copy of every backed up file to a local server, external or network drive of their choice, Polarbackup introduces the Hybrid+ option; ensuring faster recovery when needed. Polarbackup Restore is intelligent enough to minimize recovery time by checking your local Hybrid+ storage for the file before restoring it from the Cloud, reducing time and bandwidth resources.
For more information about how to enable the Hybrid+ option, please check this article.
Benefits of Using the Hybrid+ Option
- Maximize your protection by creating two copies of your backup; one on the Cloud, and another on a local repository.
- Zero Restore time: Save time and resources by restoring hybrid copies from the local repository instead of downloading them from the Cloud.
- Easy to use: No extra configuration, just enable the Hybrid+ option and set the storage size. (Learn more)
- Flexible: You can disable/enable the Hybrid+ option at any time, not just at the beginning of the backup.
- Limit Size: Limit the amount of space Hybrid+ takes of your drive. When Polarbackup reaches the size limit, it will automatically purge older files to make room for the more recent ones.